bookfiend151

bookfiend151

A Happy Accident

A Happy Accident - Evan Tyler This is not a book I would normally pick up and honestly even now, after finishing, I am unsure how to describe/review it. To start with, the writing is really well done. There is such complexity to the characters and the plot. Evan Tyler really does know what she's doing and I feel like every scene is a little clue about the characters and story. It's done in such a way that there is definitely an air of mystery with every person. Because of that though, I feel like we didn't get quite enough details. It is kind of a two edged sword to me in that sense. Sometimes I felt like details were lacking, but other times I felt like that is part of what kept me interested....waiting to find out more.The book is confusing at times because it jumps around. I personally would love if under the numbers of every chapter a date and/or POV was written as well so that my mind automatically knew where to go instead of having to read a bit before figuring it out. It would have made it flow a bit better for me personally. However, I did so love the glimpses of the future being told like I was watching VH1. It was really cool the way those were slipped in there.I did so appreciate the fact that Kindle and Bobby were dysfunctional in their own ways. It is much more realistic to me to have characters with major flaws sometimes. They worked well together in their unique way I think. Kindle seeming so practical and serious at times and Bobby being such a romantic dreamer type. I felt like that was exactly what Kindle needed and he was perfect for her and I was rooting for them the whole time.The only thing that kept me from giving more stars is that I felt like there was also an air of....hopelessness (?) to the story. I felt like I knew what was coming and that there was no way around it. The hope wasn't there and that is my favorite thing in a book. The prologue set that up for me I think. It started out so harshly that I felt like that is the only way it could end. With all the mystery and unknowing surrounding the characters it just seemed inevitable, which made me feel sad a bit.All in all, I would recommend this book. I think it is creative and different and really well done and I am glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to read it!