bookfiend151

bookfiend151

Getting Real

Getting Real - Ainslie Paton ok..hmm...on the fence with where to put this one...I liked it OK. 2 stars feels kind of mean though. I really do like the general idea of this book. There are tons of rock star books out there with male leads so i was excited about this one having a female as the rock star. It was a different and fresh approach!Lets start with the characters. I really did love Jake. He's so good and wholesome. Such a great guy and strong male, which was a nice balance with the Arielle. Arielle is hard to place. I know some people hated her. I was rooting for her though. Even though she was a rock star she felt like and underdog to me, and I always root for the underdogs. I can't help it! She was very stand off-ish and mean at times, but I could see through it and really thought there could be more at the heart of her.The story is sweet....but it felt too long and too disjointed. There were subplots flying all over the place. This could have been like a 2 book series with a spin off for Rand because I don't think he got enough time in this one...but I was annoyed when it would switch to him because it just drug the book out and I wanted more Rie and Jake. It would have been nice if there were labels for when the POV changed. Sometimes it was from paragraph to paragraph and could be super confusing. I did enjoy this a bit, but it's not one I would read again or anything.